Overfishing
Overfishing is not really a big problem compared to other things like climate change but it s still something. I think the name can define itself but it basically means people fish to much that the rate of fish producing more of their own is too slow making it a really a big problem that if we continue this fish will probably be extinct soon. I will even give a quote that explains more:
If you’re overfishing at the top of the food chain, and acidifying the ocean at the bottom, you’re creating a squeeze that could conceivably collapse the whole system.~ Carl Safina
This may affect the balance of life in the ocean and most importantly the people who live in the coast and depend on fish to survive. Some causes of overfishing are that your region does not have a population of fishing but somewhere further there is so you fish a lot so your fish can last more in your region and most importantly ( to me ) the lack of knowledge of what is going on ( this also one of the reasons I started this blog, to show the awareness of the problems in the world)
There also the effect of overfishing that we should consider, such as the removal of predators such as sharks. I think we all know tat sharks mostly eat fish ad when all the fish are extinct the sharks die and before that they could even feed on us more than they usually do because they are looking for a new food source. Another effect is the people who live next to the coast who mostly depend on marine life like I had stated before.


Your right about that
ReplyDelete